Wedderburn is located across the mouth of Rogue River from Gold Beach, and is connected to Gold Beach by the Isaac Lee Patterson Bridge.
Wedderburn was founded by R. D. Hume, a prominent local businessman in the fishing industry, who named the community after the home of his ancestors, who were from the Wedderburn Castle in Scotland. The Wedderburn post office was established in 1895.
Wedderburn was originally a company town for Hume's salmon fishing monopoly, and besides his fishing fleet, he ran Wedderburn's cannery, store, race track and cold storage plant. Hume had settled at the mouth of the Rogue in 1876, and he eventually owned all the land on both banks of the river from the Pacific Ocean to the head of the tidewater.
Mail Boats still travel to Agness daily to deliver mail
Mail Boat Tours offer fun and excitement!